GridAKL is home to events designed to connect, inspire and inform the innovation, tech, growth and startup ecosystem in Auckland. We have stunning purpose-built GridAKL spaces to suit all your events; from small and intimate meet-ups to large-scale conferences or exhibitions.
- This event has passed.
Interactive Video Production for Social Auckland Workshop w/Adhoc
February 25 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
*Please note this workshop is only available to people who have attended our Facebook marketing group workshop and is limited to 6 people max.
This FULL DAY hands-on workshop is designed for small business owners and marketing managers that have completed the introductory Video Production workshop with us and are committed to producing their own video content.
Limited to a maximum of 6 attendees you’ll work in pairs to put into practice everything you learned in the introductory workshop.
What you’ll do
The workshop is a fully interactive experience which sees you rolling up your sleeves … planning, shooting and editing your own videos with Andrew & Dom guiding and advising throughout the day.
- You’ll choose a ‘subject scenario’ for the day
- You’ll use the 4 ‘formats’ of video – Interview, Newsroom, BBC and Chapter – as the framework to follow
- You’ll then plan your videos using the ‘Story Boarding’ tool
- You’ll then set up for the shoot, thinking about the content you need for the 4 formats
- You’ll find appropriate locations, exploring different techniques to capture the content
- You’ll use your own smartphone, tripod and lapel mic – getting familiar with the capabilities of the equipment
- You’ll edit on your preferred video editing app on your own device
- You’ll practice creating and adding graphics to enhance the content
- And you’ll also create captions (subtitles) using rev.com
What you’ll need to bring
- Smartphone (Android or iPhone) and laptop (Mac or PC)
- Video editing App installed: Premiere Rush, iMovie or Camtasia preferred
- Tripod and smartphone clip
- Lapel mic
If uncertain about any of the equipment above – do sing out and we can advise.