A home for creative, fresh thinking in the heart of Auckland city, GridAKL provides the space, support, inspiration, and community needed for a strong and vibrant innovation culture. A place of discovery, GridAKL showcases and celebrates ideas which will impact positive change for our communities and our world at large.
/ GridAKL is more than just a place.
It is a community of innovation.
GridAKL is AUCKLAND UNLIMITED’S innovation campus based in Auckland’s Wynyard Quarter, designed to maximise innovation by harnessing the power of collaboration. Creating pathways for entrepreneurial individuals and StartUp businesses to connect, share ideas and access the tools they need to help them grow.
“Over the last 10 years, the sector has witnessed 25% growth. ICT and Digital Media accounts for 3.2% employment in Auckland or 1 in 30 jobs. Half (48%) of New Zealand’s ICT companies is based in Auckland, employing 37,000 people, generating revenue of $7.1B. GridAKL’s role is to assist high-impact, growth-orientated, technology-focused businesses and entrepreneurs to develop and commercialize their innovations.” – Auckland Unlimited
Who is GridAKL for?
GridAKL is for anyone actively involved in developing technology and innovative solutions. Our entrepreneurs, Startups and SMEs are supported by a network of business advisors, investors, government agencies and other key partners delivering services to New Zealand’s innovation ecosystem.
GridAKL’s role is to assist high-impact, growth-orientated, technology-focused businesses, and entrepreneurs to develop and commercialize their innovations.
What GridAKL offers
- Mentoring, support, and specialist advisory services in: Investment Funding / Financial Accounting / Business Planning / Marketing Strategy / Legal and Governance / Market Intelligence
- Connections with business advisors, experienced founders, entrepreneurs, Startups, corporates, tertiaries, social enterprises, and community groups
- Creative, inspiring, and welcoming work environment consisting of hot desks, coworking dog-friendly spaces, team pods or studios. Wifi and power and full office amenities
- On-site café / bar and break out spaces to host guests, hold meetings or social engagements
- Professional front-of-house / concierge and administrative support
- Access to fully-serviced event spaces and a full calendar of tech events designed to inspire, mentor and add value to your team and your business
/ MEET OUR PEOPLE
INNOVATION PRECINCTS TEAM
Manager Entrepreneur Networks
Head of Tech Economy & Skills
GRIDAKL / JOHN LYSAGHT BUILDING
Startup Hub Manager
Chief Happiness Officer
Community & Event Coordinator
GRIDAKL / GENERATOR / 12 MADDEN ST
/ WANT TO JOIN THE
Move your ideas beyond the notebook, gain connections, chat through your plans, share learnings, attend workshops… Become a GridAKL resident and get access to the resources, events and people you need to take your idea to the next level.